Toast to summer with a Watermelon Frosé Cocktail!Frosés are a trend in cocktails that we can really get behind. We have seen them on menus all over the city, from fancy cocktail bars to hole-in-the-wall hangouts. Traditionally made with rosé wine and a bit of sweetness, these frozen “girlie” drinks go down quite easily after a long day of work in the summer. Since my friends and I have been sampling frosés, all summer long, I asked Keith to come up with a version for superman cooks.
Keith, in his infinite wisdom, suggested a Watermelon Frosé Cocktail. In true superman cooks style, the addition of watermelon creates a spike of flavor (and a lot of gorgeous color) to this already fabulous drink. Freezing slices of watermelon is all it takes to give this drink the frozen, icy texture we have come to expect. Keith added a bit of simple syrup and some fresh mint to make this cocktail dangerously delectable.
Just in time for summer party season, A Watermelon Frosé Cocktail is a delicious drink that can add just the right amount of “punch” to any gathering. They are sophisticated, yet playful; simple, yet complex in flavor. And let’s be honest: they are just plain fun to drink.
A refreshing simple cocktail to make on the summer days.
- TO MAKE WATERMELON SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 2 C fresh watermelon blended
- 1/2 C honey
- TO MAKE DRINK:
- 2 C chopped fresh watermelon
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces rosé wine
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 C Ice
- mint for garnish
- TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Blend 2 C watermelon in blender. Place in small sauce pan and add honey. Place over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place through fine mesh strainer. Store in container in refrigerator until cool (for up to 4 days).
- Using a blender, place 2 C watermelon along with wine, vodka, ice, and 4 ounces simple syrup. Blend until "slushie" consistency, about 45-60 seconds (add a little water if too thick).
- Pour into 8 ounce glass and garnish with watermelon wedge and sprig of fresh mint.