Here in Northeast, the weather has stayed very favorable to date. However, the evenings are starting to show signs of fall. That familiar crispness in the air and the colors on the trees are beginning to speak the language of autumn. We love this season, but I have a hard time enjoying it because it means that the brutal cold of winter is soon to be here. This chilly weather does bring with it the opportunity to create some of my favorite meals. Comfort food is my jam, and I am always eager to create soup recipes, stew recipes, and good hearty meals. But why stop at comfort food? Autumn also brings inspiration for some killer cocktails for fall.
What is an Autumn Harvest Cocktail?
We used fresh-pressed apple cider as a base for our newest favorite autumn cocktail. Apple cider is great by itself, heated with fall spices, or even as an apple cider mimosa. But we love a "boozy apple cider" kind of drink, combined with pear vodka and cranberry juice. This fall cocktail is as refreshing as lemonade on a hot summer day.
The great thing about this autumn cocktail is that it only has 4 ingredients: apple cider, pear vodka, lemon lime soda (Sprite or 7 Up), cranberry juice!! Candied Sugar (for rim) is optional.
- Make it a MOCKTAIL: this apple cider cocktail tastes just as good with no alcohol! Just follow the instructions and add more fresh apple cider in place of vodka.
- Use Unflavored Vodka: no pear vodka in the house? Or don't like flavored vodka? You can substitute regular vodka. Play with the proportion of the other ingredients, and even add pear juice for extra fall flavor!
- Add Some Punch with Ginger: substitute ginger ale or ginger beer for lemon lime soda to add some ZING to this recipe!
Related Recipes (cocktails for fall):
Spiced Apple Cider Sangria: freshly mulled cider combined with wine and ground cinnamon is a cozy cocktail that is meant for brisk fall days.
Apple Cider Shandy: Dark rum, fresh apple cider, and delicious pumpkin beer combine to make this fall favorite drink. It's like apple pie in a glass!
Festive Empress Fizz: Ginger beer, beautiful blue Empress 1908 Gin, and fresh cranberries make this fizzy cocktail an autumn must have. Garnish it with a sprig of thyme!
Cheers and happy cocktail making!Print
Combining our favorite autumn flavors (apples, pears, cranberies) with refreshing pear vodka, this fall harvest cocktail one exemplary drink.
- 2 oz pear flavored vodka
- 4 oz apple cider
- splash of lemon-lime soda
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- candied sugar for rim (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, place vodka and cider and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour over glass tall glass filled with ice and top with soda and cranberry juice.
- Rim glass with a candied sugar (that you can find in the cake decorating aisle).
Keywords: cocktail, drink, beverage, fall, autumn, mixology, pear, apple, cranberry, vodka, liquor