Happy New Year from Superman Cooks! Keith's Spiced Cider Sangria is a wonderful treat that smells incredible and goes down way too easily. We think it's a perfect cocktail to start off the new year. It warms your heart and your tummy too.The incredible aroma of cinnamon, oranges, and warm apple cider filled our house recently, and it made me swoon. It is better than any store-bought candle or incense. I have always loved sangria, and Keith's delicious spiced concoction did not disappoint. The bold flavors of mulled cider combined with white wine is somehow perfect on a cold winter day. It is almost as fun to make as it is to drink.
As we reflect on 2014 and look forward to 2015, we realize that we have so much to be thankful for. Family, friends, and delicious food prepared with love: this is what life is all about. Cheers!
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine (we used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
- Pour apple cider into a large saucepan.
- Add sliced orange, cloves, and 4 cinnamon sticks (left whole).
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour (make sure not to let this boil).
- Remove from heat and strain through fine mesh strainer to remove solids.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool (for at least 1 hour or overnight).
- Fill large glass (we like mini pitchers) with ice. Add ¼ bottle of wine.
- Add ¼ portion of mulled cider to the wine.
- Garnish with orange and cinnamon stick.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Beverage