Like little sips of sunshine, Blood Orange Margaritas are fresh, simple, and easy to make! Stir up a pitcher and enjoy!
During the cold months of January and February, it’s never too early to start thinking of summer. Winter citrus gives us a great excuse to do that. The beautiful color of blood oranges served as the inspiration for this bright and happy Blood Orange Cocktail that is just what we need to get through the dark winter days.
- BLOOD ORANGE JUICE: 1 ½ cups
- FRESH LIME JUICE: ½ cup
- SIMPLE SYRUP: ¼ cup
- ORANGE LIQUEUR: 4 ounces
- TEQUILA: 12 ounces
- KOSHER SALT: enough for salted rims
- BLOOD ORANGES: use blood orange slices for garnishes
- 1 LIME
This tangy Blood Orange Margarita is one to keep in your recipe box. It's light and refreshing because it starts with freshly squeezed blood orange juice. We created this Tangy Blood Orange Cocktail for our friends at Fresh Up Your Life, and it was so good that we had to share it on superman cooks.
How to make Blood Orange Margaritas:
- Using a large pitcher, combine fresh squeezed blood orange juice, simple syrup, lime juice, orange liqueur and tequila. Mix.
- When ready to serve, simply rim the edge of glass with lime wedge and dip into kosher salt. Add ice and margarita mix.
- Garnish with orange slices and enjoy.
What is the best Orange Liqueur for Margaritas?
We recommend COINTREAU, GRAND MARNIER, or DRY CURAÇAO to amp up the orange flavors in this cocktail.
- A large bowl of our Fresh Pineapple Salsa and some salty tortilla chips are a great complement to a pitcher of orange margaritas
- Graze on a simple Crudité Plate with White Bean Hummus while sipping beautiful orange cocktails.
- A smattering of fresh Tomato Jalapeño Jam served with crackers and cheese is the perfect party snack!
More Blood Orange Cocktails & Margarita Recipes:Print
Add a little sunshine to your life with a Tangy Blood Orange Margarita! Made with freshly squeezed orange juice, this tequila cocktail is a party pleaser!
- 1 ½ C blood orange juice
- ½ C fresh lime juice
- ¼ C simple syrup
- 4 oz orange flavored liquor
- 12 oz tequila
- kosher salt
- orange slices for garnish
- 1 lime
- Using a large pitcher, combine orange juice, simple syrup, lime juice, orange liquor and tequila and mix.
- When ready to serve, simply rim the edge of glass with lime wedge and dip into kosher salt, add ice and margarita mix.
- Garnish with orange slice and enjoy.
Keywords: blood orange, orange, cocktail, drink, party, summer, citrus, margarita, tequila