We are kicking off summer with this delicious and refreshing blackberry lemonade, made from scratch with beautifully plump blackberries and freshly squeezed lemons. Memorial Day Weekend ushers in the official beginning of summer. Alleluia! Bring on the barbecues, sunshine, fresh air, and most of all summer fruits and vegetables!
To make this refreshing summer drink, Keith muddled up the blackberries and added them to the juice of freshly squeezed lemons. As with our Mint Lemonade, we used agave nectar to sweeten it, preferring the natural sweetener rather than loads of processed sugar. No one knows the difference. We served a pitcher of this with the kids for one of our first meals outside, and everyone was happy. The blackberries added a beautiful bright pink hue, which tasted just as yummy as it looks.Blackberry lemonade is very to make, and it looks and tastes better than any store-bought variety. We recommend serving it at summer barbecues, popping in some blackberries and plenty of ice for effect. This recipe is kid-approved, but it will appeal to discerning adults as well. Cheers to Summer!!
Sweet and Tart Blackberry Lemonade
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 6 Lemons (room temperature)
- ½ to ¾ cup agave nectar (to taste)
- 6 Cups of cold water
- 6 oz. fresh black berries
- Ice cubes
- Roll room temperature lemons on cutting board to prepare them for juicing
- Cut lemons in half and juice, using a citrus juicer or a fork (I place a mesh strainer over a liquid measuring cup to catch all of the unwanted seeds).
- This should yield about ¾ to 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Combine lemon juice, agave nectar, and cold water to taste (adjust portions to your liking).
- Rinse fresh blackberries. Set aside a handful to be used for garnish.
- Place remaining blackberries in fine mesh strainer over lemonade mixture. Using fork, muddle blackberries, pressing juice out and catching seeds in strainer.
- Add ice cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Serve with whole blackberries as garnish
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Beverage
Leave a Reply