Belgian Beer Sangria is a refreshing summer drink with robust flavor.Wine and Beer. Whether you like one, the other, or both who would ever think to combine the two? We thought exactly the same thing, that is until we tried this new Belgian Beer Sangria recipe. The idea had been swirling around in my head ever since the days of creating our Iceberg Margarita, which combines the beautiful flavors of a margarita with a bubbly, light lager. Sangria is best when enjoyed with friends, at a picnic table or under an umbrella at the beach.
While Jackie is more of a wine lover than I am, we have been on a whirlwind brewery tour throughout the northeast, where we uncovered the perfect type of beer for kind of sangria. The light and subtle sweetness of wheat beer seems to mix perfectly with fruit and wine, and Dream Weaverfrom Tröegs Breweryin Hershey, Pennsylvania was the one we chose. The combination of fresh fruit and white wine were calling for a little extra fix from the beer. We recommend using fruit in season, the riper the better
We chose to use peaches, fresh cherries, strawberries along with lemons and limes. Use any fruit you love and make sure you don't let the fruit go to waste. Nibbling on the wine-soaked fruit is just as rewarding as the Belgian Beer Sangria itself.
- 1 peach, diced
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 lime, cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into small pieces
- 1 bottle of your favorite white wine
- 1 12 oz bottle wheat beer
- 1 C cranberry juice
- ¼ C sugar
- ½ C water
- In a small sauce pan, add sugar and water and cook over medium heat until all sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Transfer to container and allow to cool.
- In a large pitcher, pour wine and add fruit and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar water mixture (simple syrup)
- Add beer and stir.
- Pour into serving glasses along with ice.
- Pour a little of the cranberry juice to each glass.
- Refrigerate un-used for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: American