A Pink Señorita is a delightfully refreshing cocktail that packs a sweet and sour punch.
Partner Post: Looking to up your cocktail game? Find delicious inspiration at Absolut. All opinions are our own.
We admit that Cinco de Mayo has become an Americanized holiday. However, we are always up for a day that celebrates Mexican food and great cocktails. So when we found out about the drink site launched by Absolut, we were thrilled and intrigued. Absolut provides a comprehensive list of cocktails with brilliant step by step videos to help anyone become a mixologist. So while we normally only post our own recipes on Superman Cooks, we had to make an exception here. Once we tried the Señorita, we were hooked. So we had to share this incredible cocktail with our readers. We just added a bit of cranberry juice to the recipe, and garnished it with fresh mint. Salud!
Check out some other great cocktails (with perfect dishes to match):
- The Iceberg Margarita: Take a classic margarita to an even cooler level by blending with with beer. So pair it with salty chips and spicy salsa for an instant hot and cold cool down routine on your tongue. See the recipe for an Iceberg Margarita.
- The Classic Margarita: If you haven’t mastered this favorite cocktail yet, now is the time! The secret is in knowing the perfect ratio for you. Enjoy a refreshing margarita with chicken tacos or fish tostadas. See the perfect Margarita ratio here.
- Tangy Blood Orange Margarita: Served over crushed ice, this tequila cocktail is sweetened with simple syrup and spiked with an orange Curaçao liqueur. Garnish with orange slices and serve alongside Blackened Fish Tacos for the perfect mix . See the Blood Orange Margarita recipe.
- Batanga: Mexican Cola, tequila and lime juice make this simple cocktail perfectly sweet and delightful. The drink is said to have been created in the town of Tequila, Mexico by bar owner Don Javier Delgado Corona. So make a big batch for friends and serve with shredded beef tacos. See the Batanga recipe.
- Pink Pom Pom Margarita: Another perfectly pink sister to the Señorita, this tequila cocktail combines pomegranate juice and fresh lime juice with orange liqueur. Pair this glass with Smoky Black Bean Quesadillas. See the recipe for Pink Pom Pom Margaritas.
- Mexico Pacifico: Another tequila cocktail, this glass of sunshine is made with passion fruit juice and is a great brunch drink. Enjoy with Fresh Pinapple Salsa or as a tart pairing to sweet churros. See the recipe for Mexico Pacifico.
- Blueberry Basil Margarita: Make a fruity blueberry tequila cocktail and top it off with a splash of tangerine juice and a lime slice. It may be too much to pair this drink with spicy foods, so enjoy it with a simple side of guacamole and quesadillas. See recipe for Blueberry Basil Margarita.
Check out the Absolut's full Cinco de Mayo roundup!Print
This pink drink is sure to be the hit of the party! This refreshing tequila cocktail packs a sweet and sour punch.
- 4 oz tequila
- 4 oz pink grapefruit juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Splash of cranberry juice
- fresh mint
- Fill shaker with ice cubes.
- Add tequila, grapefruit juice and simple syrup
- Shake and strain into chilled rocks glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Pour cranberry juice over each glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Keywords: margarita, pink, drink, tequila, vodka, summer, drink, cocktail, mint, señorita